Monday, July 18, 2011

Homemade Twix Bars

So, I was perusing a site, you know, because I can, and I came upon this recipe and I was like, "COOKIE!!!!" because I LOVE the twix cookie part more than the rest of it. There's no doubt that Twix is freakin' delicious, but to have the recipe for just the cookie part...well...my life is complete. Now your life can be complete. You know why? Because I'm going to share the recipe with you, thanks to Amanda at The Sweet Details. Amanda, I don't know you, but THANK YOU for this recipe. Now, straight from her page, the recipe:

Base:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (4Tbsp or 2oz)

Filling:
1/2 cup butter
2Tbsp Corn Syrup
1/2 cup condensed milk (not evaporated milk. they are 2 completely different milks.)
1/2 cup brown sugar

Topping:
100g Milk chocolate (I think that the more silky milk chocolate is better. it's going to be melted anyway, but it'll probably just be better.)

-Oven 325dF
-mix together base until crumbly. pour into 9x9 pan. Press down and bake for 20 minutes.
-Combine filling in pot or saucepan. Stir constantly until boiling. Reduce heat, and continue stirring for 5 minutes. Pour over the hot base.
-Melt the chocolate and pour over filling. Cool and let set before cutting.

==Amanda's Tip==
After I put the filling in, I usually put it in the fridge for about an hour and then I melt the chocolate and pour it over the caramel. Then I still let it sit for about an hour for the chocolate to set before cutting it.

==Andersen Girlie's Tip==
There are a couple of different ways to melt the chocolate. I think the best way would be, if you don't have a double boiler or know how to make your own double boiler, is to have a glass bowl. Cut or break up the chocolate into small chunks/pieces, and place in the glass bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stir. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted. If you want to thin out the chocolate a little bit, add 1 Tbsp shortening (Crisco), not butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment