Saturday, June 11, 2011

Grilled Cheese

So, I know I get bored of regular old cheddar cheese in my Grilled Cheese. One day, I decided to use some white cheeses. The first non-Cheddar cheese Grilled Cheese I remember making had 3 different kinds of cheese slices. Provolone, Meunster and Mozzerella. Delicious!! I even kicked it up a notch and dipped it in Marinara/Spaghetti Sauce. EVEN BETTER!!

To get that perfect crunch on My Grilled Cheese, I get a pastry brush and lightly paint Olive Oil/Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I also have an over-the-stove griddle that covers 2 burners (not necessary but very effective.) Before I add the cheese, I put the Cheese-side of the bread down first to toast it and start melting the cheese a little faster. After about 2-3 minutes, or whenever you are ready, flip the slice of bread so that now the oil-side is cooking. Layer your cheeses so that every inch can be covered...or close to it. If you have room in your pan, do the same to the 2nd slice of bread that you did to the 1st. Then, when you are ready to flip, just flip it. If the cheese is melted to the 1st slice and not the 2nd, but the 1st is the golden color you like, then carefully flip it, using the spatula to pick up the sandwich and your free hand to hold the sandwich together so it won't fall apart as you are flipping it.

Eat the Grilled Cheese alone, or for some extra flavor, warm up some marinara.

No comments:

Post a Comment